If you sense that God may want to get something off the ground in your neighbourhood and think that there are people around who would be interested in joining you ... you are seeing an OPPORTUNITY! Start praying earnestly about it.
There are some things to do that will help get things going:
- Invite interested or potential people to a fellowship meal and discussion
- Suggest forming a small group for Bible study, prayer and fellowship
- Talk with them about the idea of planting a church
- Together identify ministry needs around you and consider how planting a church would meet them
- Contact Anglican Explorers to let us know what you're thinking - we are here to help
Keep in mind that things tend to move slower than we anticipate, or would like. Be patient. Be faithful in Prayer. When my (Fr. Geoff's) older daughter was about 7 years old a friend asked her how her piano lessons were going? She answered, "it's harder than I wanted it to be!" She had no idea at the time how profound her words are for many aspects of life, and they certainly apply 100% to church-planting! It is much harder than we want it to be! You will be in it for the long-haul. Set yourselves up for a marathon, not a sprint. The good news is that God uses the time and the perseverance to do deep work in our lives.